Are you dealing with a cockroach infestation and wondering if you are in any danger? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), cockroaches do not bite or sting, but that doesn’t make these pests any less harmful. Continue reading to discover the dangers of cockroaches and the importance of professional cockroach control.
How Cockroaches Are Harmful
Despite the fact that they do not bite or sting like other pests, cockroaches are known to create incredibly unhealthy environments.
Below are the ways in which cockroaches are harmful:
- They scratch: Cockroaches tend to retreat if you interact with them, but if you get too close, it is possible that one might scratch you. Their heavy leg spines can leave behind scratches that can easily become infected if not treated right away.
- They trigger allergic and asthmatic reactions: Cockroaches are considered common allergy and asthma triggers. Those exposed to an infestation can suffer from allergic and asthmatic attacks on a regular basis until the problem is taken care of.
- They contaminate food: Cockroaches are always on the hunt for food, and will eat just about anything. If they make their way into your pantry, they will likely deposit bacteria that will contaminate your food and make it incredibly unsafe to eat. If there are any signs that roaches have been around your food, make sure to throw it out right away.
- They carry and spread illnesses: Through their urine, feces, and saliva, cockroaches are able to spread bacteria and pathogens that causes human illnesses. Common roach-borne illnesses include salmonella, gastroenteritis, dysentery, leprosy, typhoid fever, and cholera.
Why Professional Cockroach Control Is Important
If you’ve got a roach problem, we advise you not to waste your time and energy on a DIY treatment. Cockroaches are incredibly adaptable and strong pests, which makes treatment very difficult. For example, their hard exoskeletons are very difficult to penetrate, which often renders pest control treatments ineffective, especially when they aren’t performed by trained professionals.
Below are benefits of hiring pest control professionals to handle your roach problem:
- They use top-quality products
- They back their services with guarantees and warranties
- They effectively eliminate health risks
- They know how to prevent future roach activity
Best of all, professional roach control provides you with peace of mind knowing your home is protected against these harmful pests. With your health at stake, it’s always best to turn to a team who can take care of the problem correctly the firs time around.
Call Frame’s Pest Control, Inc. Today
Backed by years of service excellence, there is no problem too big or too small for Frame’s Pest Control, Inc. to take on. Our highly trained and fully qualified pest control specialists have extensive experience eliminating cockroach infestations and guarantee we can take care of yours as well. Using top-quality products and advanced tools, we effectively eliminate and remove all roaches from your property and prevent them from coming back in the future.
Our cockroach control services cover:
- Oriental cockroaches
- American cockroaches
- German cockroaches
- Brown-banded cockroaches
- Brown cockroaches
- Smoky-brown cockroaches
At Frame’s Pest Control, Inc., our team has undergone extensive training and can eliminate your cockroach infestation without putting you or your loved ones in harm’s way.
For professional cockroach control, please call Frame’s Pest Control, Inc. at (419) 475-6055 today. We look forward to serving you!