DIY Versus Professional Bed Bug Removal
Call Us for Affordable & Effective Treatment
Did you know one out of every five Americans has either had bed bug problems or knows someone who has? Bed bugs are small, oval, parasitic insects that live on blood and are often found living in human environments. In the U.S. alone, there are three different species of bed bugs that can cause significant problems within your home. So, what do you do when you spot a bed bug infestation in your home? Well, you can try DIY bed bug removal tactics or you can hire experienced professionals, such as ours at Frame's Pest Control, Inc..
DIY Bed Bug Removal
Although we highly recommend calling a professional for bed bug extermination, below are a few standard do-it-yourself bed bug treatment approaches:
- Thoroughly wash all bedding, curtains, and clothing in extremely hot water and dry them. Place any stuffed animals, shoes, and any other fabric item that may not be able to be placed in the washer in the dryer on high. The high heat setting will help kill off any lingering bugs.
- Vacuum your entire room, mattress, and surrounding areas multiple times to pick up any surviving bed bugs. Once complete, immediately dispose of your vacuum cleaner bag in an outdoor trash can away from your home.
- Repair noticeable cracks in plaster, furniture, or peeling wallpaper to eliminate any future nesting areas.
- Eliminate any excess clutter around your bed.
- Spray the infested room and the surrounding areas.
- If your mattress is infested, we recommend disposing of it and replacing it with a new one.
Bed bugs are extremely hard to get rid of, and do-it-yourself approaches come with risk. Sprays and dust bombs are effective if applied directly to the insects or in close proximity to their nesting areas. It’s not uncommon for someone to try over the counter insecticides and expose themselves and their family to toxic chemicals. Also, you can vacuum up a lot of insects, but it won’t kill them or pick up eggs. And sometimes, vacuuming can do more harm than good by spreading bugs into other areas of your home. So, when you think about trying to conquer the bugs on your own, you may want to think again.
Professional Bed Bug Removal
We all know do-it-yourself tactics can help, but they are not as effective as the equipment and processes of a pest control professional like ours at Frame's Pest Control, Inc.. Not only are we pros at exterminating bed bugs from your home, but we do it without harming you and your family with harmful chemicals.
At Frame's Pest Control, Inc., we will:
- Thoroughly inspect your home
- Identify the pest
- Recommend the most affordable and effective treatment options
- Effectively treat and remove your pests
Our highly trained technicians use precise, concentrated techniques that allow us to protect your home for extended periods of time. You will have peace of mind knowing you are in good hands.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional
In addition to the ability to provide thorough inspections of your property, there are many benefits to hiring a professional for bed bug removal.
- You save money: Paying for professional pest control services may seem more expensive, but it is likely cheaper in the long run. An unnoticed or improperly treated infestation could cost you thousands of dollars.
- You get professionally trained experts: If you are relying on the internet, you could have big problems. Pest control workers are professionally trained to handle even the worst infestations. They also have the equipment and processes to successfully remove pests without doing any damage to your home.
- You save time and energy: While the do-it-yourself approach may seem logical, pest control is a complex issue. It will take a lot of time and effort for you to correctly identify the pest, figure out how to capture it, purchase an effective chemical, and successfully remove it from your home.
- You receive safe chemical use: Pest control professionals know which chemicals are safe to use in and around your home. They know how and where to spray the chemicals, protecting your family in the process.
If you suspect that you have bed bugs, give us a call at (800) 954-5724. Be sure to take advantage of our 15% discount before the end of February!
Fair Pricing On All Services
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
Full Service Company
Family Owned & Operated