Diseases Caused by Bed Bugs
Helping You Stay Healthy & Protected
Bed bug bites can cause a number of problems ranging from allergies, itching, swelling, and insomnia to anaphylactic shock. Bed bugs bite at night while you are sleeping and your defense is weak. You can be bitten as many as 500 times in a single night in the event of a serious infestation. If there are apparent signs of bed bugs in your home, you must get rid of them as soon as possible. Controlling bed bugs becomes more difficult over time as they can travel throughout your house with ease.
When you are bitten by a bed bug, it is generally painless, as they release a numbing agent while biting. Nonetheless, they can cause numerous health problems, which is why it is important to remove them from your property. At Frame's Pest Control, Inc., we are well-versed in the latest technology to keep you and your property safe while eradicating any bed bugs.
Common Problems Caused by Bed Bug Bites
Although each person may react differently, it’s important to be aware of the health problems and risks a bed bug infestation can pose for you and your family.
Watch out for these health issue caused by bed bug bites:
- Allergic reactions: Individual reactions to bed bug bites differ from person to person. While you may not show any symptoms, your family members can exhibit mild to extreme allergic reactions.
- Itching: It is the most common problem associated with bed bug bites. You can have severe itching due to the bites. Bed bugs usually bite in clusters that can cause intense itching even after several days.
- Secondary infections: Although bed bugs are not known to spread infections through their bites yet, severe itching can lead to open wounds. These wounds can get infected if not treated properly. Secondary complications like impetigo, lymphangitis, and ecthyma are also a possibility.
- Red spots and blisters: You can have red spots or blisters as a result of bed bug bites. These blisters subside after a few days, but the itching and phobia can persist.
- Insomnia: Fear of the bites is a very big factor. Presence of bed bugs can make you anxious, depriving you of sleep. It will not only lead to increased efficiency but may also increase panic and stress levels.
- Anaphylactic shock: The people with low immunity or pre-existing conditions, like allergies and asthma, are at a higher risk. Bed bug bites may trigger an anaphylactic shock in such people. This can be very dangerous and immediate bed bug treatment is mandatory to minimize the risk.
- Chagas disease: Studies and lab tests have proven that bed bugs can spread Chagas disease. Although such a spread hasn’t been documented yet, the risk is always there. Additionally, bed bugs can also carry more than 40 dangerous pathogens in their gut. Accidental contact of these pathogens through open wounds is always a possibility.
Depending on your age and your current health status, you may be at a higher risk for developing a disease or negative reaction to a bed bug bite.
We know that the following groups are at higher risk than others:
- Kids: Young kids are at a very high risk of allergic reactions from bed bug bites. If you have young kids at home, best bug pest control is a must for you.
- The elderly: The immune system gets weak with advancing age and this puts seniors at high risk. They already face problems like anxiety and sleep disorders. Bed bugs can aggravate these problems apart from causing allergies and itching.
- Bedridden patients: They are at the highest risk due to greater exposure. The itching may easily lead to skin inflammation in such people.
You must never take bed bug infestation lightly as it can rapidly spiral out of control. Bed bug removal is a complex task best undertaken in the initial stages of the outbreak. Pesticides, as well as the Heat Treatment for bed bugs, can be used as killing methods.
Frame's Pest Control, Inc. has been providing effective solutions for getting rid of bed bugs and bed bug symptoms since 1972.
Contact us today for a free estimate for your home or business. We serve customers throughout Toledo and Ann Arbor.
Fair Pricing On All Services
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
Full Service Company
Family Owned & Operated